Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Musical Therapy

On another post of mine, I asked people for suggestions on music they listen to when they are sad. A few mentioned Country Music as something that helps them when they are sad. One kind friend even went as far as to send me two country songs. I did attempt to do some musical healing with the Country genre, but it just wasn't working for me. I believe this has to do with my very limited love of Country music. There are a few songs that get me kind of mopey (Such as "A Lot of Things Different" by Kenny Chesney and "Please Remember Me" by Tim McGraw and "I've Had My Moments" by some other band that I don't know the name of) but by and large, most Country songs are just specific enough that I can't really relate the sadness they are conveying to my current situation. Now - don't get me wrong - there truly are sad songs out there in the Country world, but they just weren't working for me in my current slump.

So, I went on a search for more music that matches my droopy depressed mood, and I found more songs that are suitable for my needs!

  1. Hurt - Nine Inch Nails
  2. Seven - Sinch
  3. A Certain Sadness - Astrud Gilberto
  4. Julia - The Beatles
  5. I Miss You - Blink 182
  6. Swallowed - Bush
  7. Coming Around Again - Carly Simon
  8. Drive - The Cars
So there - some more therapeutic sad music for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment