Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Honorary Title

I don't know exactly how long these guys have been around, but I am smitten by "The Honorary Title" and somewhat ashamed to admit that I first heard of them tonight on One Tree Hill. In OTH's defense, they usually have some damn solid music. For once, I would like to discover a band before OTH does, lol. Anyway - back to "The Honorary Title." According to Wikipedia: The Honorary Title is an indie rock band hailing from Brooklyn, New York. The band released their first album in 2004, Anything Else but the Truth, which was later re-released with five additional songs and two bonus videos.

The group is currently touring with Cartel in promotion of their second studio album, Scream and Light Up the Sky, which was released on August 28th, 2007.

Jarrod Gorbel (The lead singer and guitar player) definitely fits my definition of gorgeous with his ghostly, thin good looks.

To me, it is like Depeche Mode meets the Killers. I dig. Check out this song:

(it is called Thin Layer)



and another good one:



That is all (because Josh is stomping around the house waiting for me to come to bed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment