Sunday, March 9, 2008

A Week in Review

Positives/Negatives: I seemed to have kicked the mountain dew habit - not a drop in the last 7 days. Rockstar - I cut back from 1 everyday of the week to 1 on Friday/Saturday/Sunday. I think I am ready to kick that habit for good tomorrow. I mostly tried to make good decisions with food this week, but usually ran into issues by dinner time. That seems to be where I struggle the most - in the evenings. I'm going to try and revisit an old diet for awhile that works "ok" for me until I can truly focus and commit to an organic healthy lifestyle. I made zero trips to work out, save walking from my car to the spring training facility - but I drank any calories lost while at the game.

Another thing I was very disappointed in this week was the effort I put into my appearance. I would often justify not blow drying my hair only to get to work and catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and feel fairly frumptastic. For some reason it has been difficult for me to hustle in the mornings (probably because I am not getting enough sleep).

Finally, I'm starting to realize a little that the old saying "everything in moderation" is key. Deprivation can make us behave sillier than we ought to. For example - every time I ever attempted the Atkins Diet, I would immediately begin craving things like Mashed Potatoes and Macaroni and Cheese. *BUT* when I'm not on the diet, I don't eat things like that at all. I know there has to be something to this, and I think that our brain plays tricks on us when we start not allowing ourselves to indulge or enjoy a treat every now and then.

Focus for Week 2: I'm going to put a much stronger focus on appearance and less of a focus on food/drink. When you get down to it, food is fuel. I just need to make sure that I'm not filling the tank up with unleaded gas. Premium only for me! Lastly, I'm going to follow Sabrina's suggestion and choose 1 or 2 tasks each day that I need to accomplish before I take time to relax.

2 comments:

  1. Where did you guys go to a game? I'm going to be really sad if you were in Tucson and you didn't stop by to say hello. =[

    And congrats on kickin the mountain dew...I've heard caffiene makes it harder to get pregnant.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tempe Diablo Stadium - it is about 1/2 a mile from my office. No worries Sarah! If I'm in Tucsuck, I'll make it a point to see ya ;)

    ReplyDelete