Friday, April 25, 2008

Here we grow again...

Note: This will be the first of many blog posts I write and save as a "draft" before publishing to my blog. I want to keep this bean under wraps until after the first ultrasound...

*****************************************************************

I am not even 4 weeks pregnant yet. Bless these wonderful sticks that allow me to urinate a full 5 days before the first day of an expected menstrual cycle and possibly know if I am with child. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. It says right on the box that only 53% of women can detect their pregnancy that early, but apparently I fall into that 53%. On Wednesday, April 23rd, I was delighted to find that I am again with child. I shouldn't say excited. Happy, yet calm. Glad. Grateful. Glowing. Yes, the line was faint (as it should be at this stage) but the line was there. Unmistakable. Hi there, baby. Welcome to uterus land. I hope it is comfortable in there. Please feel free to make yourself at home.

And you already are making yourself at home!! You wasted no time in remodeling your ovarian bungalow. You are knocking down walls, and putting in an eat-in breakfast nook. The familiar sensation of a stretching uterus is a welcome feeling, one that I missed. I don't mind. Not one bit.

According to my daily pregnancy journal, your amniotic sac, amniotic cavity, umbilical stalk, and yolk sac have all completed their development. Very impressive, wee one. Keep up the good work!


No comments:

Post a Comment