Wednesday, April 30, 2008

What recession?

As the media is busy sending the general population into a panic about impending crisis of the certain looming recession, I thought I would give a big ol' EFF YOU to the effing media. Screw you guys - I'm gonna go spend some money. And I haven't even received our "economic stimulus" check. But I'm not going to save any of that either - no way, Jose, baby needs a brand new PC (and when I say baby, I'm referring to my crankier 1/2, the husband).

You see, since the US is going to hell in a handbasket, and I had the misfortune of losing my camera in drunken haze, I couldn't stand the thought of not being able to take pictures of the impending doom. Newegg has pretty good deals on more camera than I could ever need, so of course I had to splurge. New Shiney:

newcamera

One of my major issues with my last camera is that I never bothered to purchase a larger memory card. Well - I guess that had nothing to do with the camera, but other issues included lots of blurred photos, taking forever to power on and take a picture - other various things. Anyway, I went ahead and ordered a 2GB SD Sandisk card, so I should have a pretty enjoyable experience with this camera.

But wait, there is more! I've been searching the internet high and low for things that I really want, most of them pertaining to motherhood. I'm sure this list will keep growing, but here is a small start:

1. The most awesome organizer of all time - someone remind me to buy this after I have a kid!

ultimate organizer

2. Someday, when I'm pregnant again, and I go into labor, this better be by the front door ready to come with me! The ultimate in luxuries for the women about to go through the most excruciating experience of her life (although I'm not sure the organic candy is really going to help me, unless it's organic crack). For the low low price of somewhere between $80-$314

due for indulgence

3. And when I do finally have that baby of mine, he/she is so coming home in this!

vans infant

So, I guess that is all for now, and hopefully if my baby karma is good, it won't be all that long before I am once again with child!

4 comments:

  1. You're going to need more hospital "luggage" than that! For our first baby the hospital thought we were moving in! I think we took two suitcases full of everything we thought we could ever possibly need during labor, delivery and recovery. Don't skimp on taking things for comfort for yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with the effing media...I'll believe we're in a recession when I stop seeing 11 year olds with cell phones or playing Nintendo DS in a restaurant. (Which drives me crazy! What happened to conversation? What kind of parents allow their kid to play handheld games 24/7??? I digress.)

    And yes--y'all need to move to Marietta, if for one reason only. Pappasitos is there, aka the best Mexican food in the world! We love Marietta--right next to Atlanta, but with less of the chaos.

    p.s. The one thing you DON'T need to take to the hospital...panties. They'll put gauzy ones on you after delivering and these things are the best! I always nabbed a good 6-8 pairs to take home with me. You bleed so much and you'll ruin regular underwear otherwise. So I say go with the hospital-issue gauzy ones. They're not stylish...in fact, they're rather strange looking, but then again labor & delivery isn't either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki - I plan on bringing more with me, but it seems like this handy little kit takes care of all the luxuries that no one else thinks about - like soft cozy slipper socks, a comfy robe, stuff to shower with, etc.

    I'm actually contemplating having my sister kick everyone out of the room right after delivery so she can do my hair and makeup before all the pictures start. Forget all that sweaty, oily, awfulness. I want to look like a super star after I give birth!!

    Good call though - bring a TON with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lula,

    Oh, you are making me want Marietta even more, although it seems a bit of a stretch that the best mexican food is in GA... seeing as I live in AZ, I would like to claim that title for our state :) Come to think of it, most of Husband's relatives have never experienced Chips and Salsa... they looked at us like we were crazy at our wedding, lol.

    As for the "kids with cells" disaster, I'm not sure where I stand on that one. I *think* what I'm going to do is get one of those phones that only allows the child to dial MY phone #, and 911. I can see the good in them, but I don't want to deal with them calling their pals all day long.

    Thanks for the hot tip on the panties... I'll make sure to snag some extra's :)

    ReplyDelete