Sunday, June 15, 2008

Gene Therapy...

So, I got to thinking today about what my future offspring will look like. More specifically, I was thinking about what a little boy Gaines would look like. I like to think that my side of the family has strong traits in terms of dominant facial features, and if that remains the same for my children, then I think they will be ok (and if it isn't that way, that is ok, too).

But, if we did have a little boy, I wonder if he would look like my father? Or my older brother Jonathan? Or maybe even my nephew Riley? I'm sure you will see the resemblance...

Me and my Father at my Wedding:















My father, age 16:














My older brother Jonathan, age 27:













My nephew (Jonathan's soon) Riley, age 3:














And Riley again, around 1 year old:















I guess for my next post I'll have to wrastle up some pictures of the women in my gene pool. It is fun to imagine what my future offspring will look like :)

3 comments:

  1. It's a crap shoot at best...Looking at younger pictures from Reagan I can see me in her one day, Du in her another day, my dad in her another day, Du's mom in her another day...I'm sure Ashlyn will be the same since she's as close to a spitting image of Reagan as possible.

    It's fun to guess though! You should do one of those morph pics where you combine everyone's features.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting for the pics of the ladies in your family...'cause this was fun to read.

    And Vicki's crazy--as a lifelong friend, yet someone looking from the outside in, I can say her girls are IDENTICAL to Vicki herself. I see none of Du in them at all. But that's just me.

    Having said all that, my girls both started out as carbon copies of their dad. The older the grow, the more they look like me. I need to do a post about me at Libbey's age, 'cause we are twins. Then again Scott and I look a lot alike (Andrea Mitchell--start the redneck jokes HERE!), so they're a good blend.

    It will be fun to see...now, get to those girly pics. Of your family, that is--not of naked gals, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. no doubt about it... you'll have a beautiful baby.

    blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete