Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Wake Me Up When September Ends...

If you asked me to name all 12 months in a calendar year, the month I would be most likely to forget is September. Not sure why - but between August and October, it seems like such an uneventful time of year. But, not this year. This year I'm paying attention. As I snuggle with a snoogle in my bedroom watching the RNC, I notice that the sun is setting much earlier. The air feels different, and my body seems to be relaxing as it is granted reprieve from the relentless Arizona heat. Ok, not really, it is still in the low 100's here, but it won't be for long.

This year, I'm noticing the little ones walking to and from the school (less than 1/2 a mile away from my front doorstep... CONVENIENT!!) in their new school clothes. I'm realizing that in not so many years my little man will be making that same trek.

This year I'm thinking about things like Halloween, and Halloween costumes for babies. I'm thinking about what kind of killer beef stew recipes I can whip up for my family that I should start practicing now so they are perfected by the time Baby G is eating solids with the rest of us. I'm thinking about how I can make my home a cozy comfy place to raise a family in. Do people "decorate" for the fall? Because I feel like decking my house out in orange, red and yellow leaves on top of various types of squash.

This weekend, we received our first gift for Baby G. Family friends from Tucson stopped by our home while we were off tailgating for the ASU game and dropped off a lovely assortment of onesies and receiving blankets from Carter's. I was so dissappointed to have missed them and appreciate the duds very much, as I'm sure Baby G will :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh, get ready for your life to change. FOR THE BETTER! Just think--next year Baby Gaines will be all decked out in something toopreciousforwords for Halloween...and it will be perfect blog fodder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lula,

    I realize that next Halloween will be here before I can blink my eyes twice. Right now it seems forever away, but I know it isn't, and eventually this time of my life will seem like a distant memory.

    But in the meantime, I'll just day dream about sweet baby pumpkins :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how our observations change as the circumstances in our lives do too.

    Have you checked out digital scrapbooking any more? Gotta get all those precious moments down before they're distant memories.

    ReplyDelete