Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Is It December 19th Yet?

I think work might actually be killing me. It has been so stressful and non-stop chaos for the last two weeks that it is all I can do to keep my eyes open when I get home at night. My phone rings non-stop all day long, and while I'm on the phone with my dealers, my other dealers are calling and leaving me voicemail. On Monday I tallied up all the voicemail left for me during the day and realized I had received 33 messages! Holy crap! And that is in addition to the probably 50 or so calls I actually picked up! It seems like every client is facing a challenge right now, and there aren't any "simple" things I can accomplish. What is worse is that all these fires I'm putting out right now are preventing me from completing my everyday job description, so even though I'm busting my ass right now I feel like a major slacker. Mix all that in with placenta brain, high blood pressure and potential gestational diabetes and its no wonder my ankles look the way they do.

So, yeah, I keep telling myself that all I have to do is make it to December 19th - my last day of work before Maternity Leave, and then I am home free! Well, at least I am free to concentrate on the baby. I feel awful right now for poor little Mike. I can only imagine how my stress is rubbing off on him. I think he is trying to send me hints by the occasional jab to the ribs. "Hey, Ma, knock it off! Calm the heck down!" Sorry, sorry, sorry. I'll calm down in 51 days when I can finally put my feet up and relax until you make your arrival, kiddo.

I really can't compartmentalize my life as much as I would like to right now - everything is sort of infringing on the other crap going on. I get home and want to sleep, watch tv, or play WoW, but there is a behemoth package at the door containing a gift for Mike... his travel system! Oh, goodness! His stroller and his car seat! Wow! I have a car seat in my house?!? Reality is setting in. Who is going to put all this stuff together before he gets here? And my Jeep is so messy right now - how can I possibly think about putting a baby in there. At least Mike's room is clean :)

Babygate is just about a week away! I'm so excited to spend time celebrating our baby with our friends and family! Good food, good drinks, and even if ASU can't make it on to TV so we can cheer them on, I still think it'll be a good time for all! I will make sure to take LOTS of pictures to put up on the ole' blog.

Pregnancy has changed my musical preference for the time being. I'm sure I'll go back to my metal lovin' ways soon enough after the baby is born, but for some reason all I can listen to right now is soft/wus/alternative drivel. Ok - really it is just kind of slow relaxing somewhat sad music, but it is all I can tolerate right now. Hooray for music that doesn't give me heartburn!

The Fray: I'll Look After You



O.A.R. - Shattered



One Republic - Stop and Stare

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there...and don't compartmentalize...just go with the flow. Remember...sleep, sleep, sleep. This is my best advice.

    "I'll Look After You" is one of my all-time favorite songs. I sang it in my head the entire time I was reading "Twilight." Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'll be here before you know it. I always have to remind my husband that he's not the only person in the world that can do his job. So, you're not the only person in the world that can get some of that stuff done. Easier for me to speak though, I know.

    Have you ever listened to Flyleaf? They're at the top of our list right now!

    ReplyDelete