Monday, January 19, 2009

Breathe...

Mikey has had a rough weekend. Rough, I tell ya. For some reason he was able to sleep like a log ALL DAY LONG on Saturday and Sunday, but when night time rolled around (more specifically, when he woke up for his 3am feeding) he refused to go back to sleep. He wasn't just awake - he was pissed off. Screaming mad. Fed? Check! Clean diaper? Check! Burped? Check! Swaddled? Check! Snuggled? Check! Still screaming? Yeah. Still screaming. He carried on this way until 5:30 am, and then let me sleep for 1 whole hour before waking me up at 6:30 am for more food. I thought that surely he would fall right back asleep after eating, but I was wrong. I dealt with his squawking mad baby self until 7:30 am before finally going back to sleep.

He started in again at 9:00 am for more food, and daddy hopped right up to take care of it. I woke up at 11 am to a baby screaming in his swing still in the bedroom. Aahh... daddy cheated.

And today? Well, you would think he'd be tired, but the little dude has been wide awake for most of it. What the heck! We've strung together about 2 hours of sleep all day with short cat naps. Mostly he has been awake, kicking around, nomming on his little hands, and when he gets bored or upset with that, he is back to screaming his head off.

I thought infants were supposed to sleep like 23 hours a day? What gives? Is this is "I'm 3 weeks old and going through a rough patch" phase?

Daddy is going to Safford, AZ tomorrow. It is a 4 hour drive, and there is a chance he may be staying the night. Agghhh! I really haven't been able to get anything done today with him here to help with the baby - I'm a little worried about what tomorrow and possibly tomorrow night may bring.

In other (more exciting) news, Husband's parents bought us a kitchen table as an early anniversary gift!! Isn't that awesomeness? MIL showed the picture to me yesterday, and both Husband and I loved it, so she went out today and picked it up. I can't wait to finally have a place to eat together as a family, and once our couches are purchased we will be able to actually entertain friends and family! The table is from Cost Plus World Market (how come I never knew about this place? I love EVERYTHING I've seen after looking at their website).

Here is our new table:



Awesomeness!

Alright - Little one is finally sleeping. My cue to go make dinner!

From 3w0d


"Cause you can't jump the track, we're like cars on a cable
And life's like an hourglass, glued to the table
No one can find the rewind button, girl.
So cradle your head in your hands
And breathe... just breathe"
-Anna Nalick, Breathe

2 comments:

  1. I so know what you are going through. I can remember going through that with my first. I remember saying to anyone and everyone who would listen, "what happened to my good baby?" So far, Coey hasn't gone through that yet, but hang in there, better times are ahead, I promise you. :) My fave Anna Nalick song is Satellite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you hit the nail on the head: growth spurt. Hopefully things will calm back down for you soon.

    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the table!

    ReplyDelete