Monday, February 23, 2009

Super Mom...

So not one of those, lol. I'm trying... I really am, but I am falling well short. Today I picked up Mikey from daycare for the first time ever. Daycare lady says that he was a dream. He is bathed, fed and happy. He sleeps for the 1/2 hour car ride home.

Once at home, I snuggle him to death. Snuggle snuggle snuggle. Food. Snuggle. Then I let him play in his bassinet (independent play is supposedly good for him) while I snuggle his daddy (I've also heard that snuggling daddies is very important).

Then me and little guy snuggle up in bed, and we both take a nap from 6pm to 7:30pm. Like a true non-super mom, as soon as I wake up, I order Domino's Pizza online while I feed the baby again.

Snuggle snuggle snuggle. Diaper Change. Swaddle. Pacifier. Sleep (for Mikey).

Re-pack diaper bag, wash 8 million bottles, get the daddy a Diet Dr. Pepper. Blog.

And now I think I'm going to go take a shower and watch some TV while I drift off to sleep myself.

ZzzZZZzzZZZzzzz...

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kerith-
    Hope your first days back were gentle. I'm sure it feels good to get back into the swing of things but I know it's hard to leave a small child with someone else. Turns out I am debating going back full time- although I'm 51% for keeping with what I'm doing- but it's tough with things the way they are and the fear of the unknown. Planning a first birthday party for Shannon- looking at May 2nd. Welcome to your new social life! At least there will still be alcohol. :)

    Talk soon,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was it hard leaving him for the first time for a long period of time? it was hard for me not to cry when i went back to work.

    ReplyDelete