Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Lets do lunch, at the beach, with Dr. Weil...

I am such a nut job. Mr. Right is only slightly irritated that I can't seem to make up my mind about which diet is the right one for me. For the last few days I've done no diet at all. Back to eating whatever. At the moment I'm torn between South Beach and this new thing called "Lets Do Lunch." Both diets are similar, but while South Beach allows grains and fruit in moderation, LDL allows unlimited amounts of fruit but no grain. On the flip side, LDL also allows unlimited beans, corn and they push eating your largest meal of the day at lunch. Click here to watch a short fox news documentary on the diet.

Then of course I'm always interested in overall health, and my man Dr. Andrew Weil is a super genius when it comes to improving your life through natural remedies.

I ordered both the South Beach diet book AND the Lets do Lunch book. Neither one will be here until after May 19th and I'm not willing to wait that long to start on a plan. So, for simplicities sake, I'm 99.9% sure I'm going to do "Lets do Lunch." Have you ever even heard of it? I hadn't either until Monday, and now I've pretty much convinced myself this is the way most humans should be eating everyday anyway. I just want to set a good example for my children!

And, speaking of Children, Mikey had his 4 month checkup today (he was a little late, actually being 4 months and 15 days old). Little man is checking in at 19 pounds and 28 inches! I almost fell out of my seat, lol. The doc said that even though he is pretty much off the charts, it is ok because he is proportionally off the charts, and that he will likely slow down over the next few months. Plus, he has been teething, and the doctor felt around and seems to think the bottom chompers will be popping out within the next month. She only gave me a little crap about starting him on Solids at 3.5 months, saying that since he could support his head and eat off the spoon, it was really fine. /Phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment