Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Right Diet...

I was all about setting up a separate blog to track my weight loss. I even created the blog. But, true to form, I was unable to commit to more than one blog. Besides, it is selfish to expect my readers to venture over to another blog. Blog reading can be time consuming, and I might as well just post ALL the various pieces of my life in one easy to find place :)

Anyway, I'm back to my old friend, Dr. Atkins. Like trying on a pair of broken in comfy sneakers. I know the in's & out's of the diet. I'm not hungry. Plus, there are so many low carb products out there now that it makes it even easier! I find myself watching cooking shows and converting them to low carb recipes in my head. For example, this morning I was watching a new show on the Food Network called 5 Ingredient Fix. This was the menu:

Rosemary Pork Tenderloin

Cheesy Penne

Dreamfields makes a low carb penne pasta that I would use instead of regular penne. Other than that, both recipes are fairly low in carbs! I'll probably try making this for dinner tomorrow and will post pictures!

Did I mention - I'm down 6 pounds in 10 days! Only 4 more days left of Induction, then the fun starts!

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever read about the Zone Diet? One of my husband's friends turned him onto that and when he follows it (when I cook properly) it really does work.

    ReplyDelete