Saturday, May 9, 2009

What I Know...

TheRightWife is in serious self improvement mode. Except, this time, I'm dragging everything and everyone around down with me. Or, should I say elevating everything and everyone? I'm trying so hard. I'm contemplating nurturing my spirituality by finding a church and opening a bible for the first time in over 20 years. I'm thinking about ways to make this house a home for my cherished family.

My heart is heavy with worry yet I have these occasional bouts of energy, motivation and inspiration gleaned from co-workers, other bloggers and memories of my grand mother. Right now its all about overcoming the "lazy" monster. Some peeps have the problem of never slowing down - not allowing themselves to relax. I suffer from the opposite. I think I haven't really done a thorough job cleaning since I went back to work after maternity leave, ha!

So, today, I did a lot of thinking. Thinking about how I want to bring religion into my and my families life, how I want to transform my house into a cozy, clean home and the steps my family needs to take to secure our future financially.

Fortunately, my motives have changed. Before, I wanted to address all these issues so I could compete with neighbors, friends and unknown folks on the interweb. Keeping up with the Joneses, I believe, is the term. Now my purposes revolve entirely around serving my family. My hope is that my ability to take action this time around will be successful because my heart is in the right place...

2 comments:

  1. Great post. Isn't it funny how motherhood changes your perspective on everything?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jules,

    I love the new perspective, I just wish some follow through had come along with the motherhood package :)

    ReplyDelete