Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The First Thanksgiving



Holy Milestone! Kerith is cooking her first turkey, like, ever. Yeah, I know, I wouldn't eat it either! Oh, snap, I guess I kinda have to if I expect others to endure my cooking.

Fortunately, I've prepared myself by watching 30 hours a week of The Food Network each week for the last 4 years. Oh, and did I mention that I've watched the Rachael Ray 60 Minute Thanksgiving II at least 5 times in the last 3 days?

I am so ready to rock this. Besides, no one comes to dinner for the turkey anyway - it is all about the side dishes - which I SHOULD be able to pull off.

In other news, Mikey has been sick for the last week. Sniffles, snot and overall displeasure at life in general, oh my. He definitely picked up J's lack of ability to function under the duress of a cold! Plus, I've turned into EVIL MOM!! and keep attacking him with a booger sucker and insisting on changing him out of his frequently soiled diapers. Thanks mucous. Thanks. And, yes, I'm sorry your tushie hurts little dude, but if you'd just sit still long enough for me to dip you in desitin, you might feel better.

And to think, at this time last year I was waddling (thanks, Mikey) in sadness due to our recent presidential election, rubbing my tummy, fearing for my childs future, yet simultaneously wishing him to GET OUT OH GOD PLEASE BE DONE.

This year, I'm thankful for my family, that my in-laws are in town, that J and I might get to go see New Moon - maybe - assuming the in-laws are willing to babysit for us one night of our four day weekend. I'm thankful for Joe Lieberman. I'm thankful to be employed. I'm thankful for my sweet baby, even if he is cranky when he is sick. I'm thankful for The Food Network, and Mommy Bloggers, and Weight Loss Bloggers, and friends who Blog. I'm thankful for an amazing husband WHO DID NOT WAKE ME UP ON SUNDAY MORNING and instead let me sleep in ALL THE WAY UNTIL 9AM!

I've got a lot to be happy about. What are you thankful for this year?

2 comments:

  1. You are brave to be cooking the turkey! I'm getting out of it yet again by letting my brother fry the turkey. Apparently fried turkeys are really delicious and since I never fry anything he will have full reign...outside.

    Enjoy your time with family! I try to think of just a couple things I'm thankful for and the list keeps growing and growing. I'm most thankful for God and His love and the ability to realize that He is in control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GO YOU!!!! I bet it was yummy keep me posted. Max is sick right now running a high temp and boy is he moody lol. its a good thing he is so cute : )

    ReplyDelete