Friday, March 19, 2010

Caveman Craze...

So, I've been waiting for several weeks to fill you all in on something that J and I have recently embraced. I wanted to test the waters first - make sure it was doable before I started writing about another diet fad that would end in failure in a few weeks.

Here we are - two weeks later - and not only are we thriving and losing weight, but we are learning that there is so much more to this than a diet. We are well on our way to embracing our primal past and getting in grove with the way our genes are meant to thrive.

Specifically, we have been following the methods detailed in a book called Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson. There are 10 laws, some of which are tougher to follow than others. J and I have given up grains completely (including rice and that nasty whole grain crap) and have embraced plenty of meat of all varieties, fats, vegetables, fruit, nuts and seeds. We don't count calories, we eat until we are full, and the net result of that has been J losing 10 pounds and me losing 7 pounds in the last 2 weeks.

After 2 weeks on the program, I feel ready to embrace the fitness portion of Primal Blueprint. There are 3 types of exercise I need to get: Walking at a slow pace for a long time (at least 5 hours a week), Sprinting periodically (maybe 1 or 2x a day) for a very short time (less than a minute) and lifting heavy things.

Expect more posts from me in the future on our new way of life :)


2 comments:

  1. Kerith, seven pounds is awesome! Great job! It's so hard to start on a diet, so I'm glad to hear you found something you like. That's fantastic! I hope you are doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Walmart sells clubs and cavemen outfits. Should make some interesting bedroom play...did I just say that?!

    Congrats on the weight! Is it still going well?

    ReplyDelete