Tuesday, May 4, 2010

{oh for too}

Sorry, sick of numbers. You can thank weight watchers for that. When I really think about it, I'm not sick of numbers, but rather wishing I had more of them. More specifically, can I have more points please? Between my last go and this attempt at Weight Watchers, I lost about 14 pounds and now only get 26 points per day (plus the extra 35 I can spend throughout the week as I choose). This time around, J is in on the act, asking all sorts of questions about point values by food type. Discussing the merits of food based on volume and the more I can get for the fewest amount of points has reminded me that, oh yeah, I can eat a lot more strawberries than I can snickers bars. Duh.

Still, I suffer between convenience and how mad my stomach becomes when I feed it processed junk "diet" food (I type this as I lick the last of the sauce from the meager portion of my Smart ones Three Cheese Ziti Marinara container).

I recently read "Finally Thin" by Kim Bensen, and her story of losing 200 pounds in 2 years on Weight Watchers. The first part of the book is her story, while in the second she attempts to motivate me to lose weight myself. So far, I'm not motivated by anything but the fact that she lost 200 pounds, and even though I only need to lose 50, I still find that number overwhelming. 50 pounds. Bla.

In any event, the only reason I'm even wasting internet space with this is because one of Kim's tips is to "journal" about your weight loss efforts. So, yeah, this is a start.

2 comments:

  1. You can do it! That's annoying, I know. I'm trying to stay motivated to run a couple times a week but can't seem to find the time or make the time. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least that's what I try to do.

    ReplyDelete