Thursday, October 27, 2011

Rolling forward...

So, the moving company just finished their "survey" (aka, how much crap do you have, so I can figure out how much it is going to cost to haul your life across the country).

Yikes! This is all getting realer by the second. It is so strange to go from dreaming about something, to "hey, this is actually happening" to "Oh shit, this really IS happening."

I've been slowly getting after parts of the house trying to get things in order so that when we are finally ready to finish boxing up our stuff, it won't be so tough. Of course, the movers threw a wrench in that today when they explained that THEY actually pack everything up. In some ways, that makes things even tougher. I'm really going to need to push myself to throw things out and donate items ahead of time so I'm not tempted to allow them to box up things we no longer wish to have in our lives.

Last night I was able to work on one of our "clutter" hot spots - the master bedroom closet! I hung up or folded any clothing on the floor, trashed all the crap that needed to be thrown out, and then made a small pile of linens that needed to be washed. now everything is fairly orderly in their.

In other more exciting news, I've obtained a copy of "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown," which I am thoroughly looking forward to showing to Mikey this afternoon. He is still a bit young for my other favorites (Hocus Pocus, and the Nightmare Before Christmas) but he will be able to enjoy our copy of "Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were Rabbit" as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment