Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Kerith Project

Howdy people! Tonight, I thought I would share a new project with you that I'm calling "The Kerith Project." Very original, I know. Please try not to steal my project title.

Anyway, back to the project. It involves something that has been bubbling away in my brain ever since I found out that we were FINALLY getting the chance to move to SC. Hurrah for new starts and all that stuff. I've mentioned in previous posts how I kind of let myself get, well, frumpy, to put it in the nicest terms possible. Yes, once upon a time, I used to be glamorous. No, that isn't the right word. I was never glamorous. If anything, I was a slightly done up jeans and t-shirt kinda gal, but I rocked those jeans with cute flip flops and bleach blonde hair.

Bla bla bla marriage, bla bla bla babies. Bla bla bla Kerith.

I find that if I avoid the mirror and my closet, and live entirely out of the laundry basket of clothing that "fits right now," I tend to forget about this shabby encasing I'm schlepping about.

I knew things were getting really bad when I was walking out of an El Pollo Loco and saw a guy I went to high school with in line. Brian Shock. He was a year or two younger than me. He was such a sweet trumpet playing cutie pie. I should have been all "Hey, Brian, what's up?!" Alas, I was terrified of not being recognized in my current state, and opted to sneak out instead. Sorry, Brian, it would have been nice to catch up with you!

So, I've been hemming and hawing and trying to sort through all this moving business (52 days left until we hit the road!) and part of that sorting has involved my closet, and all those untouched articles of clothing that hang on racks waiting to be worn once again. The clothes range from a teeny size 6, all the way to size 12 (the 14's and 16's all live in the laundry basket I was talking about earlier). Initially I was all "hey, eff paying to move crap across the country that doesn't fit" but now, I'm all "eff you Kerith, get off your lazy ass and do something about the fact that those clothes don't fit."

Do I have a plan? Of course I don't. Well, not really. Plans are great, but I find myself mightily confused after far too much reading, and way too many diets. Josh and I like to talk about this a lot. We'll get on "Gluten=Cancer" kicks, and for the most part we really do believe that meat, fruit and vegetables is what the staple of our diet should look like. But, we have a hard time imagining a life without an occasional beer (aka, gluten) or sandwich (aka, gluten). I've tried weight watchers before (this tends not to work for me because it involves tracking EVERY SINGLE THING) and I've done lower carb diets (only counting one thing) and the diet I've loved best of all has been the Paleo Diet as described by Robb Wolf. I find it the least agonizing of all diets I've tried because essentially, as long as I'm making my meals up from allowed food categories, I'm good to go. No calorie or carb counting. The trouble is that I start to veer off course, and then I find myself where I sit today, on a not so Paleo diet. Blergh.

But, I know it works, so I'm going to get back on the Paleo wagon, and try to incorporate whatever "at home" crossfit workouts I can find. I know I can't move mountains in 52 (51 days, considering today is almost over) days, but hey, maybe I can lose 15-20 pounds if I try to kick some serious butt! That will get me on the right path. One can hope that the glorious weather in Greenville will lead to me spending more time outdoors, and that 'more activity + eating less junk = smaller Kerith'.

Less this (taken 4 days ago)


More this (taken 4 years ago)


Ready, set, GO! Going to try and figure out a gadget/element to stick off to the side so I can keep track and how progress, because apparently people are reading my blog. Who are you anonymous people that don't leave comments?

Edited to add:

Awesomeness! Found this here list of 50 crossfit workouts that I can do at home with little to no equipment. Going to just start at the top and start working my way down! Yay!

50 Crossfit workouts you can do at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment