Thursday, February 23, 2012

2.23.12

Day 2 of this new gig taking care of the littles while J is at work. I'm not really accomplishing a lot, and was glad that I was able to get everyone dressed and out for a stroll around the neighborhood yesterday. We stopped at the home we'll be renting (the driveway only, much to Mikey's displeasure... He really wanted to go inside, and didn't seem to understand the concept of "we don't get the keys til March 1st) and I can't wait to move in!

In other news, it appears my time as a SAHM will be shortlived. J learned all about his new health benefits at work, and they are insanely expensive for a family! Like, 1/4 of his income expensive. We'll have to stick with GE's coverage through the end of June, and I will need to secure employment by that time. I thought I might be devastated at that reality, but I'm doing ok with it. Honestly, I struggled growing up, and I've told J that I'm just not "down for the struggle." I like being able to walk in to Costco and drop $200.00 on apples in bulk. I like being able to have a ridiculous amount of channels on cable. We weren't exactly living like the Kardashians in AZ, but I hate the idea of worrying if we can afford groceries and health insurance premiums. So - I'm back to applying for positions, and am thankful that I have time to find something that will be a good fit. Of course, if I find something soon we will be able to use the severance from GE to buy J the pickup truck he has always wanted, which would also be pretty awesome!

In the meantime, if that means 2 days or 2 months, I'm going to enjoy my time at home with the boys, and immerse myself in this temporary role. Hopefully I will get the chance to decorate the house before I have to go back to work, too! I'm going to have to find a way to divide my evenings between pinterest and Monster.com, and my days between slow cooking pot roast, hanging up pictures and playing trains with the wee ones!



No comments:

Post a Comment