Tuesday, December 6, 2011

9 days! Agh!

I don't feel good. It occurred to me @ 5:30am while I was driving to work. I'm tired. I'm forgetful. By the time 9pm rolls around, I'm a disoriented, groggy mess. It is all I can do to keep my eyeballs open at that point.

If I were 40 years older, I might worry that I was developing Alzheimer's.

With the little capacity I had available to me at that point, I started wondering about what might be the cause of my lack of mental clarity.

The first thing that crept into my brain was diet. Josh and I had been doing the Paleo diet for a good stretch, and I was feeling pretty decent at that point. Alas, as these things tend to do, the diet fell by the wayside in favor of holiday cooking and the sugary, floury treats that come along with them.

The other thing that occurred to me is that my water intake is practically non-existent. I've been so freaking tired lately, that I've been pumping myself full of caffeine in order to not fall asleep in my cheerios. My day starts with a Rockstar Energy Drink, is followed by 1 liter of Diet Mountain Dew, and then when I get home, I have more DMD. I take a gulp of water at night before bed to swallow a pill. I'm guessing that isn't sufficient.

I really do feel terrible - and while it would be easy to think up some tropical disease no one has heard of, I think the culprit is likely poor diet, poor hydration, and lack of exercise (hey, how can someone this tired exercise?). If I feel like an exhausted, dehydrated person lost in the desert, it is because I am.

I better fix this. Right after I finish my DMD.

In other news (moving related) I've scheduled all of our utilities and services to be shut off the 19th! Hurrah for being able to cross crap off the list. The paperwork, closets and garage continue to elude me. I've only got 9 days left to finish up, and technically the last of it needs to be finished in 8 days because Mr. Salvation Army will be coming on November 15th to haul away a mountain of furniture and clothing.

Also - finally finally finally - we have our route mapped out for the move. 3 days, not 4. Oh, and high five for me, because I've reserved the hotels for our trip, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment