Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Kindle, How I Love Thee...

O. M. G. For realz. Now that I have you, I don't really know how I lived without you. But, I can already tell that you are going to be a problem for me. I have no problems hanging up on phone calls, pushing pause on my mp3 player, even ignoring the "new post" button on my little blog here when I need to. But - to walk away from you in the middle of a thrilling read? Ouch. It stings. It burns. It causes me to stay up until midnight reading even though I have the alarm set for 5am. I question my need for sleep, even then, because "Josh does always say that Marine's can live just fine on 3 hours of sleep a night." Hmmmm... Oh, crap, I better just go to sleep already.

The negative? I am soooooooooooo tired this morning when I pry my eyes open (finally, after much debate about if being tired = being sick and a justifiable sick day). The positive? I was so entralled with my book lastnight, that I was able to ignore snacking out of boredom. Food? No thanks, I don't want to get crumbs on my Kindle.

So, like most things in my life, it is going to take an effort to make sure I'm attending to the other important things in my life (ie, husband, baby, animals, house) before I spend another 5 hours entrenched in a good ebook.



P.S. - Buy a Kindle.
P.P.S. - If you buy a Kindle, you should also probably buy it one of those nifty Kindle covers. I didn't. I was all "OMG $35.00 for a frickin' cover?" I am now on the search for a cheaper alternative, but I am ultra paranoid about doing my Kindle harm while I tote it back and forth from home to work without a cover, just flopping around in my tote bag, going to battle with my Zune, Blackberry and car keys.

No comments:

Post a Comment